Project Designer (Santa Ana, CA)
A Project Designer is sought by a full-service design firm headquartered in Santa Ana, California to perform the following duties:
- Articulate and communicate the client's vision, goals and objectives by establishing the direction, documentation and contract of the project's design.
- Perform research and analysis of the client's goals and requirements, development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those needs. Define project requirements and establish design parameters based on client’s culture background and needs.
- Conduct basic field measurements and surveys, document project’s existing condition and urban context.
- Formulate preliminary space plans and two or three-dimensional design concept studies and sketches based on knowledge of the principles of design and theories of human behavior that integrate the client's needs and the site context.
- Participate in the implementation of the project process under supervision including space planning, conceptual design, design development, and working drawings that adhere to regional and municipal codes, and any other jurisdictional statutes, regulations and guidelines applicable to the project.
- Select colors, materials and finishes to appropriately convey the design concept, stylistic, functional, life-cycle performance, environmental, and safety requirements. Prepare specifications and schedules with accurate product information.
- Coordinate and collaborate with design team members and other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects; structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, and various specialty consultants to ensure clarity and quality of concept is maintained through detail level.
- Carry projects through city submittals and agency approval procedures, illustrate and explain to approval authorities, amend designs and drawings according to their corrections.
- Bachelors' Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Urban Planning or other related fields.
- 6 months working experience.
- Strong ability to graphically communicate design ideas. A deep understanding of the design process.
- Knowledge of design software including AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, V-ray.
- An understanding of applicable codes, ordinances and regulations including National Electric Code, National Fire Code, California Building Code and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Apply to AQX Engineering, Inc., 1520 Brookhollow Dr, Suite 45, Santa Ana, CA 92705